CALS is a delivery organisation for Moneywise Plus.
As a part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England Moneywise Plus has received funding until December 2019 from Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund to deliver a project that sets out to improve the on-going digital and financial skills of individuals in Leicester and Leicestershire to support them in moving towards employment, education or training.
The aims of the project are to ensure that participants have:
- Increased financial confidence and greater capacity to manage their daily budgets – making the most of their money, opening a bank account, mobile/internet banking, and maximising income e.g. utility switching.
- Increased digital confidence – applying for jobs online, using the internet safely, staying in touch with family and friends, accessing online services, and using pc’s, tablets and mobile devices.
- Increased levels of confidence and reduce isolation
This will be done through:
- Outreach sessions at dedicated venues across Leicester and Leicestershire
- Financial and digital group workshops
- One to one adviser support
- Opportunities for volunteering
To be eligible for the project participants cannot be in paid work of any kind (supporting evidence will be required).
CALS has specifically been chosen to lead delivery of the financial inclusion element of Moneywise Plus. CALS contacts for the project are:
Kelly Smith – Moneywise Plus Team Leader
Zarina Yovcheva – Advisor Administrator
Jim Coulston – Moneywise Plus Advisor
Thomas Maude – Moneywise Plus Advisor (county focus)
They will be responsible for coordinating and delivery financial capability advice to individuals across the city and county through one to one advice sessions and group workshops.
If you would like to refer yourself or if you are an organisation please refer directly through our website www.moneywiseplus.co.uk or call us on 0300 003 7004.