The Community Advice and Law Service (CALS) is a not-for-profit organisation, registered charity and company limited by guarantee. We have been working in Leicester City and Leicestershire for 40 years. Our services are free and we work closely with other providers to reach individuals and communities who are most in need.
We ensure that our work meets the quality assured standards as set by the Legal Aid Agency. CALS holds a contract with The Money Advice Service for the East Midlands Money Advice Partnership. We deliver advice in three areas of social welfare law: Debt, Housing and Welfare Benefits.
Services CALS offers:
- Specialist advice in Debt, Housing and Welfare Benefits through casework, telephone advice and drop-in facility
- Advice sessions at our outreach venues across the city or home visits where necessary
- Representation at the County Court in debt and housing related court matters – office based at the Court
- Representation at benefit tribunals
- Form filling and note-taking services
- Self-help packs and information
- Digital advice and support
- Financial capability education and training
- Consultancy, information, training and support services for other organisations